Monday, August 3, 2009

kidney love

Remember a while ago when I mentioned my friend Ally who had been on dialysis for years and years?

Well, I received the awesome, fantastical, amazingist news that she had had THE call on Friday night and the kidney transplant went ahead shortly afterwards. The kidney is pumping away brilliantly and when I popped into see her yesterday (laden with trashy magazines and Ribena, naturally) she looked amazing - and happier than I think I'd ever seen her before. 

Aw, kidney love.


This is what happens when you Google 'kidney love' in search of a nice image to go with a post. You get a kidney wearing high heeled shoes and a hat. I'm all for smiling happy kidneys but this is definitely sitting on the edge of creepy in my mind! 

1 comment:

Donna said...

That's brilliant news, I hope she makes as good a recovery as you did! x